Saturday, October 5, 2013

9 weeks

Baby is the size of an Olive...

How far along: 9 weeks, 1 day (sorry, I'm a day late!)

Physical symptoms: Still pretty irritable and tired.  Those are the only consistent things.  I've had a couple episodes of really painful, out of control gas.  Ugh.  Overall though, symptoms are pretty mild compared to what they could be. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I conveniently forgot to weigh myself ;)

Maternity clothes: Not needed yet, but some of the shirts from my hook up from Jorie are super comfy!  I need to focus on pants.  That is going to be difficult.

Stretch marks: Nothing new

Sleep: Doing ok. Getting up at least once a night to pee, but going back to sleep better.

Best moment last week: My 9 week ultrasound yesterday was
simply amazing.  Baby looks like a gummy bear.  My RE pointed out the 2 chambers that are visible in the heart and obviously you could see it pumping away.  Heart rate was 174.  Dr. said it is so high when they are this size because they are wiggling!  Baby has 2 arms and 2 legs.  He showed me where the straight spine was.  Then he said he only wants to see me one more time...with my baby in my arms.  Tears!  He says they love to see the babies after they come!  More hugs and then he was off to help the next couple who was there just starting their journey.  They looked so scared and I just wanted to hug them!  Johnnie couldn't be there, but he oodled over the pictures in amazement.  I love seeing him so excited! 


Movement: Obviously not feeling anything, but SAW little one wiggling away on the ultrasound!

Food cravings: Nothing really. Some days I'm super hungry and some days I'm not.

Gender: Still feeling girl, but more unsure recently.

Labor signs: Um, I would hope none!

Belly button: Normal

What I miss: Running and wine.

What I am looking forward to: Actually getting a bump!

Milestones: I officially graduated from the RE yesterday.  What a bittersweet moment!  I had my ultrasound first and then my last round of intralipids.  While I was sitting in the cell phone fortress doing intralipids (we shall not talk about the fact that it took 4 attempts for the IV, one of which was going for 45 minutes before we had to change locations), all the nurses and staff came back to see my ultrasound pictures and wish me well.  Cue tears AGAIN!  It so weird to be sent off to the land of normal pregnant women.   I have 1 more week of PIO, progesterone suppositories, and estrogen shots.  I'm weaning the steroid this week, too.  So as of next Friday, all I will take each day is my prenatal.  Holy smokes shit is real!

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear right up! Especially the part about a baby in your arms...

    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete